Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Greetings!

My name is Melissa, and this is my first attempt at a blog here in the internet universe. I have been perusing many crafty and artistic blogs for new ideas and tutorials, and thought to myself, "Hey, I should do that!" I then obsessed for a week or two about what to call this blog, since it needed to be something that encompassed my love for sewing, crochet, creativity, and craftiness. And here we are! I am hoping to use this blog as forum for posting my completed projects, sharing ideas, and passing along the great things that other crafty women are doing!

So, for my inaugural post, I would like to share with you some of my favorite websites!

Whip Up: handcraft in a hectic world

There are about 25 or so contributors to this great site that is updated pretty much every day. They post ideas about every craft imaginable, including sewing, jewelry, ceramics, crochet, knitting...the list continues. The site is a great resource for tutorials, as the contributors search them out on the web, and conveniently link them for you. As soon as I figure out all of the features on my blog, I will definitely be linking them!

Crochet Me Magazine

Founded by Kim Piper Werker, this is one of the best crochet sites I have found! The patterns are modern and funky, and are free! The online magazine is updated quarterly, and you can sign up for the free emails.

Savvy Seams

Savvy Seams has free sewing patterns, including bags, headbands, oven mitts and cozies. She also has a great assortment of links and resources.

Craftster

Craftster is one of the best and most well-known craft sites out there. Check out the forums for ideas, tutorials, and pictures of craftiness!

I will be posting lots of pictures soon! Hope you'll stop by again!

4 comments:

Christina said...

You are such a craft diva! Can't wait to get together for sewing day!

Christina

Anonymous said...

This is great! I can't wait to see your crafty ideas and try them out!

jenniferp

Anonymous said...

Love the blog - very cool!!!

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration to aspiring crafters, Melissa! Does that make you a craft-spiration? Hmmm.... Regardless, love your blog!