Saturday, August 19, 2006


Coziest Red Shawl...Finished in the Hottest Month of the Year!

I just finished this red shawl last week or so, and I am really happy with it! I used the pattern from Cool Crochet by Melissa Leapman (another crafty Melissa!). The pattern was very easy to use--I find her patterns to be well-written and easy to understand. And yes, I am modeling this shawl outside in Texas, and it was about 103 degrees (40 degrees C)! It has been 100 degrees (38 degrees C) or more every day this month except one! Wool yarn + oppressive heat = sweaty Melissa! Mike took these pictures pretty quickly!

Here is a close-up of the diamond pattern:

And here is a close-up of the edging:

Hope you like it!

6 comments:

Funky Finds said...

beautiful work melissa!

Melissa A said...

Thanks Jessica!

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you! Your shawl is beautiful! I like the color, too!

Andi said...

Very Nice! Good Job!!

Anonymous said...

The shawl is really nice. The first thing I noticed is that you were in Dallas, then I saw a picture of you IN A SHAWL!!! I would have fainted, quite honestly. I'm in FW - and I can't be outside for more than a few minutes without suffering. Whew!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, who says a daughter doesn't grow up to be just like her mother--except in this case, the daughter is more talented.

A proud mom!