Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Crafting Supplies Bring Happiness!

I have purchased or received lots of new crafting supplies in the past couple of weeks, all of which have lightened my mood after stressful days at work. First, the almost infamous hedgehog fabric from Superbuzzy!!:














I checked the Superbuzzy website patiently every day, knowing that the hedgehog fabric was going to be for sale soon. One morning, there it was! I ordered some right then, and it came in the mail last week. I got these cute little hedgehog buttons as well.

I also went on a felt-buying spree at Michael's last week. I was actually there to buy some more yarn for the blanket I am working on, but couldn't resist stocking up on these felt squares. Felt has the lovely advantage of not needing a seam allowance, and I learned to appreciate this when making my scottie dog. I plan on making some more plushies with this felt, and experimenting on some other projects. What could be better than a rainbow of felt!




This item is definitely in the same league as these! My friend Jennifer gave me this yarn keeper yesterday, and it really made my day. Right now, I'm using a big black bucket to hold my yarn while crocheting, but this will be much more compact and cute. It has a hole in the top lid, and a handle for easy carrying! Thanks so much Jennifer!














Bonus picture!
Here's Sadie again, sitting in the kitchen waiting for Mike to come back inside.

3 comments:

Funky Finds said...

oh i am in love with those hedgehogs! brilliant. what are you going to make? have you ever ordered fabric from crafty planet? they have the most wonderful fabrics under kitschy/fun/weird!

Anonymous said...

i love the colors of the yard, I just love color

Anonymous said...

Lucky you getting the hedgehog fabric, it's adorable! Your Sadie looks a lot like my Sophie, what a cutie :)