Monday, February 12, 2007

Zucchini Bread
I may not be very quick in posting, but I have continued my baking adventures! Last Monday, I made a wonderful zucchini bread as my weekly baked good. The recipe was in my
Creating Comfort cookbook, which I bought to benefit Genesis Women's Shelter here in Dallas. (You can get one here.)

This version of zucchini bread is pretty sweet, with lots of brown sugar and maple extract in it. These ingredients gave it a rich, dark brown color, and a slightly crunchy texture around the outside. Oooh, it was yummy!


There were 2 full zucchinis in the bread, grated with my cheese grater. I couldn't really taste the zucchini though, with all of the sugar and maple flavoring. I guess the zucchini is just there so you could feel good about eating it!

The recipe made quite a bit of dough--even to fill 2 loaf pans. Mike and I were eating it all last week!


Next baking adventure on the menu is.....


Banana bread!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why didn't I see any of these treats in the break room!?!