Thursday, February 08, 2007

Popcorn in the Bathroom

Well, not actual popcorn. Popcorn stitches! Here is the bathmat I recently finished from a pattern in First Crochet by Lesley Stanfield. This is a great book with lots of easy-to-understand and very cute patterns. The pictures in the book are great, and the directions are very clear.

The popcorn stitches form that raised star pattern on the mat. I used a white cotton yarn, which created a soft cushy feel--perfect for toes getting out of the shower! This was my first time to do popcorn stitches, and they were quite fun to make.



Now there is only problem--I don't want to use it as a bathmat and get it dirty! The white yarn is so pristine! The thought of water or hair or dirt getting on it makes me shudder! So, for now, it's hanging out on my sewing cabinet.

More baking adventures coming soon!

2 comments:

m.i.a. said...

Exactly- It's WAY too pretty for the bathroom floor!
Put it on the wall.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! It's beautiful! Good job, Sissy.