Wednesday, February 21, 2007

2 Weeks of Baking
I don't know about the rest of you out there, but I have had the busiest couple of weeks at work! I have barely had a chance to breathe! I worked late three out of five nights last week, and I had a huge project to work on all week long. I'm finally slowing down enough to post here.


Despite my busy-
ness, I have continued my once a week baking adventures! Last week, I made banana bread on Valentine's Day. I got the recipe from the Creating Comfort Cookbook again. I realize that it looks pretty similar to my zucchini bread! Here is the inside--yum!

For this week, I made
Baby Carrot Bars on Monday night. I had the day off for President's Day, which gave plenty of time to piddle--I went shopping for books in the morning, and cooked in the afternoon. These carrot cake bars are very delicious! If you follow the link, you'll see that you use 2 small jars of baby food in the dough to keep it moist. When I went grocery shopping, I didn't even know where the baby food was! You'll also notice that the recipe called for raisins and walnuts. I didn't put these in because Mike doesn't like walnuts for some reason, and raisins just sounded weird to me.

But the most fun part of the carrot cake bars was making the cream cheese icing. I LOVE cream cheese icing! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I'd rather have cream cheese icing than chocolate or buttercream or anything else. It's fairly simple really, you just mix the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla with a mixer.

Stay tuned for more baking ...I now own a springform pan, so there should be some cheesecake soon. And my mom gave me this baking cookbook with over 350 recipes in it, so I should be set for a while!

No comments: