Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Stitch Austin Report

I am playing catch up on my blog recently (I realized I only posted once in November!). A group of friends and I went to Stitch Austin on Saturday, November 11th. Three of us got there right at 5:00, and were able to snag the goodie bags! We got some nice sturdy tote bags, that were navy blue with rainbow trim. Inside the goodie bags were all sorts of items, including a couple of free magazines, some fabric paint, 1 inch buttons, patches, candy, etc, and the usual flyers and coupons.




With our goodie bags taken care of, we did a lap around the Austin Music Hall, looking at all of the booths.
There were lots of vendors there, and my favorites were Anne Marie, Supermaggie, and My Imaginary Boyfriend. It was also fun to see Coco Couture and Handmade Julz, who are from my part of Texas.

We left Stitch for awhile to get some drinks and s
nacks at the Cork & Co. Wine Bar, and came back in time to buy some goodies and watch the fashion show. The fashion show was really long, and my feet and back were killing me by the end of an hour and a half, but the show was very fun. They did a clever parody of corporate America and buying handmade at the beginning, which was hilarious. Click here to see the list of all of the designers in the fashion show and vendors at Stitch.

Thanks again to Andy, whose guest bed is warm and cozy, whose coffee and biscuits were delicious, and whose patience with me about getting those damn goodie bags was neverending!!


No comments: