Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Crochet Cozies




Inspired by
Simple Sparrow, I made these two cozies in less than an hour. I used single crochet to make them nice and sturdy, and used a row of (double crochet, chain 2) to make space for the ribbon. Both ribbons are from Superbuzzy, one with apples, and one with hedgehogs and acorns. (They are out of these two trims now, but they have lots of other cute ones). The ribbons are fairly thick, made out of a linen/cotton blend, I think. The yarns are both from Shabby Sheep in Uptown Dallas--the black one is Rowan Cotton Rope, and the green is Queensland Collection Kathmandu Aran. I am currently using the apple one for my digital camera, and the green for my cell phone.

Speaking of Kathmandu Aran, I finally learned how to knit this past weekend! (I used the Aran yarn in a cranberry color to make the scarf for my class.) I will have a post and pictures soon. I will not, however, have my knitted scarf done soon--I am not quite as fast with the knitting as I am with crochet, which I have over 10 years of practice!!

2 comments:

Funky Finds said...

so cute. i adore the hedgehogs! happy holidays!

Anonymous said...

Where's mine?