Friday, January 12, 2007

Christmas Gift-Giving with Granny









For Christmas this year, my Granny gave me this beautiful needlepoint of irises in varying shades of blue and white. My Granny is one the two major creative and crafty influences in my life (the other is my Mom). She taught me how to crochet, paint, scrapbook, hot glue, sew--basically anything and everything she knew how to do. Except knitting--I actually showed her how to knit on Christmas!! It was definite role reversal.


The needlepoint work measures about 15" X 15", and she had it framed for me. This is a pretty large size for needlepointing, so I know it took her quite a while. That detail is just amazing!


Here is my Granny wearing the red shawl that I made this past summer. It was a perfect Christmas gift for her!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Granny did great on your Christmas present. Its beautiful. It looks great up close. The shawl you made her was a perfect gift for Granny. Its a lovely color. My sissy is so talented.

Christina said...

The shawl is sooo beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Your Granny looks so precious in that picture! For sure that shawl will not only warm her back but her heart too.